Sermons II

To All:

The deal with BookLocker didn't work out. I'll see if I can find another outlet but don't hold your breath.

-Bob

Reply to
Veeduber

=2E. =2E. Bob

1) Most unfortunate.

2) For those of us who were lucky enough to get our "Sermons" before the deal closed, how can we get our money to you and to Ken Hooper (I think that was the other fellow we owe)?

3) Just for your interest, Bob, I might have added in my previous post, that my 1972 Super Beetle still has the original paint (the blue which was popular around that time), and looks like brand new, with only 1 little dot of rust in the front left fender seam.

4) Yes, the tree-huggers hate me. Not only do I change the oil each week, I then burn the removed stuff in my oil stove which heats my shop where my Beetle sleeps. When the oil stove starts up, it spews black clouds of smoke out the chimney, into the tree-huggers' backyard, until the firebox heats up.

5) The paint is like the day I bought the car because I also annoy the tree-huggers by spraying the undercarriage with oil each couple months, and the door panels, and seams...... such that it drips oil all along the highway... and splashes oil on the windshield of any cars which follow right on top of my bumper. Excellent for stopping tail-gaters.

6) But even some of the tree-huggers admire how well the 35-year-old car looks and how it purrrrrrs along the highway.

Ross Virgin Toronto (cold winter), Canada =2E. =2E.

Reply to
rvirgin22

Dear Ross (and the Group),

Ask me in a month or so :-)

The main purpose of going with Booklocker was to place my material, regular books as well as ebooks, with a single publisher.

The deal blew-up over one of my novels, which appears to be handled by a different person than the eBookks. When she elected to cancel the contract, it brought down the ebook as well. I assume a check for the ebook sales will turn up in due course.

-Bob

PS -- Cold winter here, too. We had a touch of frost that really set back our tomatoes.

Reply to
Veeduber

Does Amazon offer this service?

Steven King offered a new book on-line. It was thru Simon & Schuster Online:

this work?

---------------

Reply to
Karl

Online:

Would this work?

Sure. But only if my name were Stephen King :-)

-Bob

Reply to
Veeduber

Online:

> Would this work?>

I only sent that link to show the price comparison between his hardcover and ebook. But if you had clicked on the ebook link up in the middle of that page, you would have seen 10 OTHER ebooks by 9 OTHER authors. Thought maybe you would have realized that..... But there I go assuming again. Here is the ebook link:

don't have to be a King.....

Reply to
Karl