Shift rod bushing....

The 71 Super I bought had one of the sloppiest shifters out of all of them I have had. Once I located my local Bug store I picked up a rear coupler, a shift rod bushing and a quick shift kit. When I went to put the shift rod bushing in I notoced that the hole was wore out in a huge oval. You could tell that the previous owner had put in a bushing recently because the old one looked "new" but trashed. I asked the bug shop about a replacement bracket for the bushing and they have them, but ----

How do you get the old one out without cutting stuff up?

The new bracket has two nuts welded to it like it was meant to be bolted in. Is that the case? I've looked around for detailed info, but all I can find are the number of spot welds it's held in with. Are there some directions for someone who is handy, yet clueless?

Reply to
DUG

Yes, I can send you the original instructions.

Grahame from Aus

Reply to
Grahame Rumballe