Stats

with more and more ISP's dropping their news servers it will never be like it once was.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I think it's more a problem of new users not having a clue about newsgroups and sticking to webboards instead. There's plenty of free newsservers, at least for text groups.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Cecil

quoted text -

It's more of a problem keeping the old users than attracting new although I do agree with you on attracting new users. I still believe that the wars between the two business guys in this group drove away most of the old regulars.

Reply to
Dennis

well i must agree that most don't have a clue what usenet is, much less how to get to it...but most folks that are new to the net only find things their ISP's offer. by the time they'd learn of usenet they have already found a home at the web based forums...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Buy the 4wheelers,......they're pretty fun. If you watch Ebay you can find 'em out your way much easier than in my area. The prices vary wildly, so go for the modified ones (costs a lot more to modify than to buy with mods) .......but make sure they run and have straight axles before buying. I should start a "how to buy a 4wheeler" newsgroup. For your 4k you could very well find 4 rides. Watch the Craigslist for your area too.....some good deals there too. Decide whether you want to have a Clutch and shift bike or do you want an automatic.......(wife thing in my case).

I gave up the "living on VW's" thing. Still have a few left, including the Dune Buggy Project. I have later model cars with A/C in them, and if the A/C quits, they'll be traded or sold and replaced.

Somehow I now have 3 four wheelers. One for the Grandkids and two for me....(I know I can't ride but one at a time, but...) Yamaha's all. 2 Blasters and a Badger.

Those trails sound like theyre calling my name Shagg....

Oh,........anyone looking for a cheap Super Beetle, I have a 71 or

72(John Willis has the Title...and I haven't been able to maintain my memory of it's model year).....I will let someone pull this one home behind their truck or car with the Super beetle Tow-Bar, for a cool and simple 250 bucks. I'll figure out how many tires I can put together if you can't bring your own. The Tow bar is about 110 bucks on AIRCOOLED.NET. plus shipping, so effectively the vehicle will be sold for 150 bucks. This vehicle is an Autostick, but I believe it's already plumbed for a clutch cable. For 150 bucks you can figure it out though.....I ain't diggin' into it. The vehicle is full of parts, and will be cleaned out some, but a lot of it will be left in the car,and some more might be thrown in.

Call me.... SCOTT at 214-458-0875 if you are interested, please make calls leter in the day (6p or later Texas Time) as my work schedule is pretty late much of the time. For this price, I do not deliver.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

We've got 3 so far, too. One for Kim, one for Billy, one for Kelsea. One Honda, two Yamahas. Kim traded her motorcycle in for her 4- wheeler and I traded one of my motorcycles in for the two 4-wheelers for the kids. So far Kim and I have just taken turns going out with the kids. I think I'd like to get one for myself so we could all go out together. We'll see.

Reply to
Shag