more pictures

I put more pictures of restorations i've done in the past on my webshot page.

There are many more to follow.

Theres even pictures of the 68 convertable thats forsale on the samba for 17.5 k (appraisal value)

Kafertoys

Check out 4 more of the projects I'm working on

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

I believe you when you say 'working on'.

It would be a total lie to 'restoring' or 'rebuilding' or 'finishing'.

My question is: Who gives a shit??

Reply to
Karl

Here's some more of his handiwork. $9k worth:

westy742002

there are more pictures up

page 7 shows other areas of the 74 that needed repair

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

You mean that you should have done in the original $5K estimate?

WTF were you looking at when you gave her an estimate of $$ and time??

Stop trying to bullshit us.

Reply to
Karl

page 7 don't show how you fixed it but these do

metwiz2shop

No doubt. Page 8 shows that some poor bastard let this hack "fix up" his double cab.

Reply to
m0nk3y_69

Damn, did he put a gallon of bondo there?

Reply to
Karl

R/r Quarter was coated from the window down to the running board area and from the door back to the wheelwell. I'd estimate closer to 2 gals on that one side of the car including the front right section.

Reply to
metwiz2shop

That's close to fender brakes on stock wheels when you account for a passenger.

Reply to
m0nk3y_69

Wow... Even though her bug was a rust bucket to begin with... $9k should have at least included some new heater channels and pan halves. But I guess thats exactly what is is... a RUST er ation. THAT crap is by NO means a restoration, any idiot can see that!!! and a total sham for $9k.

My 69 was a pure rust bucket and I think I did some better metal repair than that... and I didnt even know how to weld. and I only had about $4500 into my 69 and it got all new fenders, hood and deck lid, AND new aprons front and rear. granted I didnt paint it, but I had about 500 pounds less bondo in my repairs and mine looked better than that..

Enough said... the repairs were far from "professional" in my opinion and any shop doing that kind of work, is not professional just by the rust on the new welds which all looked like bird crap welds with flux core wire and smoothed over with bondo to hide it. for $9k what would this car look like in 4-5 years? a rust bucket with shade tree bodywork done to it. BY the way for $9k what kind of warranty did you offer her? 300,000 miles or 30 seconds, which ever comes first?

None I'd be willing to bet.

vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw dragenwagen

1966 Type I
"Old VW"s don't leak oil, they mark their territory."vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw
Reply to
dragenwagen