stock exhaust without tips

May I use the stock exhaust without the chrome tips? Are the exhausts the same for 1300 and 1600? I'm talking about a '72 SB with a 1600cc.

thanks Ant

Reply to
Ant

Result is more noise, slightly leaner mixture, and sooty rear apron. Plus exhaus gases in the cabin. Personally, the sooty rear apron sounds like the worst problem. Then again, on longer road trip(s) the carbon monoxide in the cabin sort of makes the other problems seem pretty insignificant.. over time.

No. I think not.

Be my guest. ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Jan Andersson wrote in this friggin' newsgroup:

Oh, of course, I didn't think about this......ok new shiny tips

Reply to
Ant

Sure you can, but it will be loud and didrty _and_ your heat riser won't work. If you are certain you can live without a working heat riser, then check these out.

jjs

Could I put one of these tips on the end of a single quiet pack mounted to a header? Do these tips actually mellow out the noise? Would the tip create backpressure?

Reply to
Brian Turner