Subaru power

did ya see the Ghia with a Subaru engine. in Hot VW's mag.? where do you put the radiator? and what does 220 h.p. do to the tranny?

Reply to
A Veteran for Peace

Standard Bug tranny is good for around 200Hp so it depends on how you thrash/Drive it.

As for the radiator, Its usually easy to find two spaces for two small radiators with electric fan cooling.

Rich

Reply to
tricky

that should be bad news for all the hi-po trans builders out there...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

More like 150hp any thing over that trashes the diff.

Reply to
Kafertoys

It can be trashed with 70-80 hp too...I know I did.. lol It's a matter of how you drive it.

Don't powershift, don't launch it off red lights, don't try to do burnouts, and it should last.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Jan there are always exceptions to the rules and when it comes to VW's, you seem to cover them all :o)

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Why don't you say it out loud: I can break anything :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

I am putting an Alfa Romeo engine in my 73 super beetle.

I am going to place the radiator in the rear pacel shelf area:

Read the complete story here:
Greetings, Gerrelt.

Reply to
beetle_boy