Success With CV Joints and Rear Axle Bearings Installation!

I successfully installed my new German c.v. joints and rear wheel bearings. Speedy Jim's web site, the 'Bug Me' video on Transmission Removal, and my Haynes manual were really helpful. My Official VW Beetle Owner's Workshop Manual was not that helpful, since it recommended using a lot of special tools that I did not have. It took me a week, but I only worked on it in the evenings mostly. Oh well, it made me fell good about my self and very tired too and it saved me a small chunk of money. jplikesm73vwbttl

Reply to
Sleepy Joe

Sounds good and congrats to you! Makes you feel great to accomplish a new feat doesn't it? Now get some rest Sleepy Joe! ;-)

dave

Isn't it amazing how BAD the bentley manual makes that procedure look? "Step 1. Remove the diagonal arm." I didn't pull the diagonal arm off of my car when I did this. I don't see any reason why one would need to.

Truth be told, it's not at all difficult to do this job. About the only 'special' tool you need is a pair of snap ring pliers, the rest is just a few bolts.

Chris

Reply to
Hal