rear folddown seat

I'm restoring a 1971 Super Beetle Convertible. I'm working on recovering the seats. On the original rear seat, the back of the upper section was covered with smooth vinyl. The replacement part from TMI does not come with a back section. I called and they said the back was covered with fiberboard and carpet. What gives? The seat material I removed looked original, but maybe not. How does the carpet attach to the rear seat? Can anyone send photos of the rear seat folded down?

Thanks, Ernie

Reply to
Ernest Franzen

Not is correct. What I did was bought some doorskin, cut it to shape and then covered it with carpet then metal screwed the assembly to the back of the seat frame.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche