test fit my headers tonight

I can't wait to hear 'em.. Whoa.. slow down, don't rush perfection.. Look at that additional spread on the #1 pipe cause she's a stroker and spread farther apart than the jig it was welded on :)

Ahnendorp "Sport racer headers" #21125-S, BTW

Those quacks still list shortened heaterboxes, but they can't sell you any as their 411 supply dried up.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Ooooh, that's purdy! I see you're putting a DTM on it?

I went cheap and cut my own 411 boxes, but my next T4 will have one of THOSE!

What size crank is in that thing?

~Troy

Reply to
Bugzilla

Yup. It isn't on yet as I need to do some minor work to it. I just got the engine stand a few days ago. Getting the tranny in with all the welding stuff and the heli-coil repair job I have to do is up next, then paint the framehorns. July 31st is my deadline to get her on the road again; I think I'll make it.

I have the Ahnendorp/BAS headers for shorted heaterboxes, too. I was thinking of fabbing my own set in stainless. Jake, without hesitation, doesn't recommend the 411 heaterboxes with his 2270, but if I can largen the tube size..

Uhg.. Not a project I want to do just yet.. I want the engine running. I'll get to the lack of heat issue later. A BN2 is not NOT an option. Northern California is not too bad without heat in July, so the wife (who will drive the car daily) won't bitch at me for a few months, at least.

It's a Jake Raby 2270cc "C" engine, but I don't know the specs off-hand. The book with the details is back at the shop. 72.5mm ??? I'm not sure. She does 159 ft/lbs @ 3500 and 156 HP @ 6500!

Whoa.. slow down, don't rush perfection.. hehe.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

I have nothing but praise for my ahnendorp streetsports! they are beautifull... and in stainless... perfecT!

dan

Reply to
Daniel Crocker

I've had them leaning against my stereo cabinet in my living room since march when I got them, just to display them. They're very well made.

It took 19 days of shipping time to get them to me from Germany. The second week I was starting to get nervous from the horror stories I've heard about the Italian postal system. They packed their box very well. A true example in how to ship overseas.

Reply to
David Gravereaux