trunk space in older beetle

Hello vw.aircooled,

For an upcoming vacation in Mexico, we've reserved a rental car that's described by Thrifty as 'VW BEETLE OLD STYLE or similar'. Can anyone tell me about how much trunk space a newer old beetle has? This is a convertible if that makes a difference. Enough room for two large suitcases? Memories from my youth suggest that trunk space was pretty good, but I remember my first bike as seeming pretty big too. Thanks for your help

-Ron

Reply to
rbarzel

These convertibles are actually just the roofs hacked off normal ones.

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Wow, it is Thrifty in the Puerto Vallarta airport. I have the phone number of the local agency, so maybe I'll give them a call and see what they have to say. Thanks for the info.

-Ron

Reply to
rbarzel