Turbo info ?

Hello all.

Anyone got any info / links for a turbo kit / set up for a type 1 ?

I tried googling - lots of unrelated info - the new beetle doesnt help !

Thanks Rich

Reply to
tricky

Rich, wander over to

will be some helpful threads there... search for busses with attitute, or BWA.

James

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Mac

Reply to
Mac

cheers james - was just reseting my VZ password as I read this !

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Thanks Mac

Rich

"Mac .net>"

Reply to
tricky

Section on turbo and super chargers called Forced Induction.

Reply to
Steve

Are you going to put a turbo on it? I saw on a magazine a guy that used the Turbo of the Volvo S40

Joao

Joao Eliseu

Hi Joao

Jan suggested turbo for my high HP engine. Loking to put a fast engine into my ferrari dino kit - based on a beetle chassis

So . starting to read up on turbo options

Reply to
tricky

"tricky" schreef in bericht news:dmi9mq$83m$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

Hey Rich,

I don't know if turbo is the same as supercharged?? Judson have very nice superchargers for the type 1. It increases the power for about 40/50% ALL THE WAY.

I believe the page is from th UK

hth Roger

Reply to
bug '59

See now - if its too expensive to fit a turbo , I will look at other options - scooby etc.

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Hi Roger - The judson's are 'cult' expensive over here and like hens teeth to get hold of - a turbo should give 1 - 200% power increase plus.

Thanks

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Good luck! You also have to start to save some money :)

Joao

Joao Eliseu

Supercharged, are connected to the puller by a belt. Turbo uses the exhauster gases to rotate.

Joao

Joao Eliseu

Check out this link. Off to the left is dyno infor and other stuff pertaining to a 1600 turbo setup that's a little over $2000.

Mac

I don?t want to be a stick on the mud, but if you want power you have to pay for it. I guess that if you want 100HP from a 1600DP in good shape (recently rebuild) you have to pay at least 3000 euros. You have to split the case to, bore it to

1835 or 1910. You have to buy new carbs, new cylinders news pistons new camshaft, new distributor, new manifolds, etc.

Joao

Joao Eliseu

No prob ... thats the way it is with VW aircooled - I am looking for 200 HP though !!!!

If you look elsewhere you can get that off the shelf !

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Yeah - did have a good read of his site, have read it years ago , just misslayed the link !

It still seems like an expensive option when you think about small block chevy's etc

Since I got the trans am V8, I think differently :-)

Rich

"Mac .net>"

Reply to
tricky