Turn signal won't return to neutral - '71 Ghia

After making a left turn, the signal remains on. It won't 'click' back to off/neutral. The right turn works fine.

What would it entail to repair it ?

Thanks,

Reply to
Steve Mc

The little mechanism in the steering column can break, or the spring can break or come off. If you take the steering wheel off, you can see a lot of the mechanism.

Reply to
AllanW

OK, thanks.

Reply to
Steve Mc

I think one way for it to fail, is if you hold onto the lever when it's trying to cancel. anyway, that's how I broke this feature on my old Rambler.

Reply to
Shoe Chucker