Turn signal won't return to neutral - '71 Ghia

After making a left turn, the signal remains on. It won't 'click' back to off/neutral. The right turn works fine.
What would it entail to repair it ?
Thanks,
--

Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond
On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:51:15 AM UTC+12, Steve Mc wrote:

The little mechanism in the steering column can break, or the spring can break or come off. If you take the steering wheel off, you can see a lot of the mechanism.

OK, thanks.
--

Steve Mc

DNA to SBC to respond

I think one way for it to fail, is if you hold onto the lever when it's trying to cancel. anyway, that's how I broke this feature on my old Rambler.
--
Politics; what a concept!