type 2 CV joint noise q.

If a CV joint makes noise on a left turn, which joint could be going bad? right or left axle?

Reply to
r truth

A bad CV joint will make all kinds of noise. you definately dont want it to tear its self apart at 60 MPH.

If you definately know its a CV joint... look at them are the boots torn? Its pricey... but if they are definately making noise... personally I would replace all 4 of them. especially if you have no idea how old they are. Its pricey, but at least you know. I would suspect the outer right one. Usually the outer ones wear more then the inner ones... well, at least on my

69 they did.
Reply to
dragenwagen

I would be more suspicious of a bad wheel bearing.

Speedy Jim

"I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has teats!" Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder engine.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

DOH... I didn't think of that!!!

Reply to
dragenwagen

TeeHee :-)

Reply to
Speedy Jim

kinda depends on the type of noise. Wheel bearing should be a constant grinding or big cat purring sound and a CV Joint should be a knock knock who's there sound.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

If it's the cv joint it will click as you turn and not click when going straight. I'd guess the left one if it clicks when turning left, but if one goes, it's time to replace them all.

Reply to
Gary