What is water/air cooled newsgroups?

You got that right. Tonage ain't just tonage somehow. My GMC is a half-ton. You can easily fill it way overweight. On the other hand, Molly's '99 Taurus station wagon is _also_ rated as 1/2 ton. No kidding, I think the Ford is better in about every way 'cept that 4wd part. (ducking and running...)

Reply to
jjs

On Sun, 16 May 2004 13:06:17 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@xyzzy.stafford.net (jjs) scribbled this interesting note:

What's funny about that is we also have in the fleet a 1980 F250 and a

1972 Chevy 3/4 ton. Put a few bundles of shingles in the back of the Ford and it squats to the ground. Put even more in the Chevy and it barely notices!:~)

John Willis

On Sun, 16 May 2004 18:01:04 -0500, John Willis ran around screaming and yelling:

you got that right...my chevy is a "big 10" model...a "heavy duty 1/2 ton"....i don't see where it is really anymore "heavy duty" than a friends 83 regular 1/2 ton....but when it comes to hauling it kicks butt...my stepdad had ford pickup(halfton) and we were hauling "grizzly" straight out of the quarry....he could not carry more than a ton and still run the interstate (55mph speedlimit) back to his place. at about 51 he would start to sway badly....i carried 2-2.5 tons per trip in my chevy....overloaded and illegal but it did not have a problem doing it... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Old Fords just suck. The bean counters saved big bucks on springs and got the little bonus for the urban yups who said "it rides so smooth." They had no friggin use of a real truck anyway.

Did I ever tell you the story of towing a Ford pickup out of a ditch with my 'burban? I pullled the whole ass end of the POS Ford. Hell, it had three different tow hitches, all the "good stuff" but literally broke in half. I laughed and cried at the same time. It was m Landlord's Ford. :(

Reply to
jjs

Did your rent increase?

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Nope! Went to zero. I was evicted. And it was worth every penny.

Reply to
jjs

"WJ" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Although this may be true for very old VW's, most of the Aircooled cars did indeed have radiators, jut these radiators contained oil rather than water, so your 'look for a rad' test doesn't work too well.

HTH Will

Reply to
William Munns

.... who the hell calls an oil cooler a radiator?

Go and look in the engine bay of a standard/original aircooled VW. If you can see the oil cooler (which they all had), I'll give to NZ$20 - you can collect it here.

Allan :-)

Reply to
Allan Williams

On 20 May 2004 14:46:33 GMT, William Munns ran around screaming and yelling:

the "look for a rad" test would prove unsucessful on an Aircooled vw...they are not visible... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani