which chemical paint stripper?

I've asked at the local warehouse for an auto paint stripper but the guys didn't have, and since I was considering taking another, they told me that I cannot use a "normal" paint stripper. Is that right? paint strippers for wood, for example, are not suitable for car paint?

thanks Ant

Reply to
Ant

I used any and all paint strippers I could get my hands on..they all worked fine.....then again I didn't really know what I was doing, but my new paint job hasn't peeled or anything

Reply to
Tim

Reply to
Ilambert

I went to Wal-Mart and bought the big giant can of generic paint stripper that was pretty much all-purpose. Worked great. Just remember not to put it in a thin plastic bottle or get it on the grass... :)

Kidd "A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

oh and its not smart to do this wearing shorts and no shoes...i'll never learn. Just call me Barefoot Tim. infact all my projects i have done i wasnt wearing any shoes...

Reply to
Tim

Hip hip hip hip HIPPY !

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

I always weld bare foot - I learnt that wearing Jandals* is not a good idea... when you lift your foot off some hot spatter, it follws your foot!

*Jandals are called Thongs in Some places (Not the up the crack kind) and Flip Flops in others... Jandals is so much cooler though. "Giz you jandals Bro or I mess you over, Fok, Huhuhuhuhuhuhu"

Allan :-)

Reply to
Allan Williams