Why are so many Beetles missing bumpers?

....................I think that those are exceptions to the rule. Most of the customized bugs that I've seen up for sale are pretty easy to pass by, especially at the prices that their owners usually expect. I'd never pay extra for crappy aftermarket chromed cooling tin or those kewl rabbit/golf seats. One piece door windows make me cringe. Just my opinion.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Phht! You probably also don't appreciate fine engineering like this:

Shaggie

On Sat, 15 May 2004 06:05:55 -0400, Shaggie ran around screaming and yelling:

well hell Tim i see where the communication problem lies...what you described is not "custom"...we seem to be talking about different kinds of cars here...you are talking about most "stock" cars and myself and John were talking about customs.... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Are they original? Repo bumpers are like that, like tin foil. The original ones on my '66 are a solid as anything! It's impossible to bend them without a heafty impact (not that I want to try...)

Reply to
Howard Rose

On Sat, 15 May 2004 00:18:06 -0400, "Tim Rogers" scribbled this interesting note:

Well, I had in mind some very well done 1932 Ford High-boys and such. Or the 1950 Mercury that lives here in the neighborhood (chopped top, lowered to the ground, crate engine, custom interior, custom paint, driven all across the country to shows everywhere-not to mention a stack of trophies to go along with the car!:~). Or the 1932 Vicky I saw photographs of once (the fellow showed me the pictures when I sold him a 1939 Mercury Convertible he was going to customize as well!:~)

John Willis

On Sat, 15 May 2004 07:31:48 -0400, Joey Tribiani scribbled this interesting note:

Which reminds me, anyone interested in a 1940 Ford four-door Deluxe? Very much a candidate for a full restoration or custom job. Reasonable price. Complete car with original flat-head V-8. I'm tired of seeing it in my Dad's back yard!:~)

(I can send pictures upon request.)

John Willis

crate? ...most of the cars I can afford come with "bucket" engines... =-)

..Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

That was what my first car was. Can you send me pics please. Use grokdoc at yahoo dot com. WOuld love the memories.

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik