Why I Love VWs

'78 2L VW Bus, FI running like crap all week long.. Spitting , sputtering, would not idle, backfiring. Finally, just said "screw you" would not run at all. OK Break out the books, make phone calls, do research on WWW (about as exciting as watching the naked gay guy on Survival! ). Start trouble shooting ohm meter, trouble light in hand ..no luck. Soooo tonight I go out disconnect all vacuum lines and replug back in do the same to all electrical. Turn the key fires right up, runs perrrrfect and better than ever. Go figure. Feel like letting out a Horward Dean Scream!!! Yeeeehaaa. Damned old FI and thats why I luv them VWs. Anybody else every have this much fun?

"Wild" Bill Tucker and Linda

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug (It's in the garage being rewired, and interior installed, Ghia Front Disc)

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic, Will rewire and put on road soon.

'67 Squareback ( Soon to be on the Front burner! )

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill

Do the FI's have a vented gas cap? If so, I would check it and make sure it is working.......YVGCMV

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

Put a zippy tie on it to keep it in place. I had the same problem on a '75 bus. Whenever I went fishing at this one place, I had to crawl over a slippery berm and would wind the motor up pretty good. That somehow caused one line to pop loose - but you couldn't always see it was loose in the dark. Happened about 3 times before I put the tie in place.

Reply to
K5

Plan to replace all vacuum lines this weekend and use zip ties as k5 mentioned, Thomas: Tank is venting so I think it was either a loose vacuum line or electrical connection. Grimlines!! Thanks for the input.