You guys getting sick of me yet? lol

Ok, i have this new problem with my super, just in the last week or two whenever i go to take off, it feels as if my bug just dies, well almost, till i let of the gas push the clutch in and try again. Im wondering if maybe it could be due to it not having a tune up in so long, maybe i have some wires or plugs going out and its missing really bad, or maybe from my cap and rotor? i checked my fuel filter and it lookes fine. Im just lost, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Super Nick via CarKB.com

almost all trouble shooting based on symptoms at this point are worthless....you seem to know the car needs a tune up...you need to get that stuff done *first* then deal with any actual problems you have...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Dont suppose you know whether you have an 009 distributer do you ? Does it have a ufu shaped can on the side ? do a bit of lookup on this group for

009 and you will see........
Reply to
Juper Wort

one of my busses has an 009 and I need to tap the gas pedal slightly to pump some gas before pulling away. After a while it becomes automatic and I dont think about doing it. There is a fix for it, just havent gotten around to it !

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Of course, if it needs a tuneup, then maybe the point follower is so worn down that the points are nearly closed. Happened to me a few times... Once had to use a box from a new set of points to gap them on the road when my feeler gauges were at home ("follower" or whatever that finger is called that touches the cam and causes the points to open/close when it is pushed by the lobes)

Reply to
KWW

To help the 009 hesitation, set the accelerator pump to the max position...works for me

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

href="

">Den's> 1977 Puma If you run a 009 jet PIC-34 one bigger than stock--it will help a lot.

Reply to
Henderson