1990 240 odometer quit

My DL 1990 240 speed meter works fine but the odometer quit working. Is the a fix for this like replacing a resistor or something? The car is just under 200K and I'm trying to keep the mileage showing. Thanks

Reply to
lrego

When the odo quits, the usual cause is a broken gear. This page from Dave Shannon's site may help:

don hodgdon

This may also help, if you're sure it's a gear.

mw156

Reply to
lrego

It's only a gear in '85 and older 240's, the later cars all have electronic speedos. The fault is usually a bad solder connection.

Reply to
James Sweet

Been busy lately, so just now checking the group. Yes, the later cars are electronic(I have an '88 240), and yes, it could be a bad connection, but electronic units(non-digital) are simply powered electronically, they still have the gear that can go bad.

Reply to
mw156