Odometer

Hey my odometer is broken on my 1988 Volvo 240 GL, but the speedometer still works. Is there an easy way to simply fix the device without replacing the whole thing? I'm haveing a hard time finding an odometer and don't know where to look or if there's a better option.

Reply to
Norma Jean

There is a little plastic gear that drives the odo, it cracks and no longer works. IIRC, this can be obtained from IPD

and the installation is not beyond the abilities of a reasonably handy person (at least I did it once but that was several years ago.)

Chuck Fiedler Nothing but Volvo since 1974

Reply to
c.fiedler

Here is a link to the procedure for replacement:

Here is a source for the gear:

joe

Reply to
Joe

And if it's not that, resoldering the circuit board in there should fix it, check the gear first though.

Reply to
James Sweet