1990 740GL "Service" light.

It's the one that reminds you to change the oil, *not* Check Engine. How do I make it turn off? (Besides waiting 2 minutes)

I pulled out the rubber plug on the face of the instrument panel. I got a skinny pen refill so I could poke the button inside. I've tried:

- Single poke with the engine running.

- Single poke with the key on, engine not running.

- Single poke with key off.

- Holding the button for 20 seconds, engine running.

- Holding the button for 20 seconds, engine not running.

- Holding the button for 20 seconds, key off.

- Holding the button while turning key to "on".

- Holding the button while passing through "on" and starting engine.

- Poking button 5,327 times with engine running, while cursing loudly. I'm out of ideas.

Reply to
MasterBlaster