2000 volvo s80 alarm driving me mad!

hi

my s80 alarm keeps going off, volvo dealer says nothing wrong when he checked the fault codes, but it goes off at random, sometimes does not go off for about 4 days, another time it goes off every hour.

i have checked doors ect are closed correctly, boot and bonnet, the dealer said may be the internal sensor, but he said that no faults were logged on the cars computer. just wondered about the internal sensor, is it heat sensitive, or just movement? and could i permanently disconnect it other than the internal switch.

colin

Reply to
gravedigger

just replace them...they are "plug & play"..i had the same problem...sometimes the alarm would just go off...folks told me any number of things could cause it..we just replaced the two sensors and everything has been cool now for over 2 years...there is one in the headliner, near the dome light, the other one is in the trunk...dealer can swap them out 4 u...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

thanks for the info

where about in the trunk is the sensor? i have never noticed one

col

Reply to
gravedigger
Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

KLIP

As I recall in the left side, where you have the navigaion and other electrical stuff.

Otherwise, this site is your all time freind:

Best regards Bjørn J.

Reply to
BJ