2003 S60 Driver's Rear Wheel 'Clunk'

I have a 2003 S60 and when driving there is a 'clunking' sound that is coming from the rear wheel on the driver's side. It speeds up and slows down with the speed of the car. However, when I apply the emergency brake the noise stops. It comes back again as I release the emergency brake.

Any ideas?

Reply to
ungertt

Try tightening the brake a little, not to the point it is always on of course, maybe it has something to do with cables stretching with wear?

Reply to
Josh

Had the wife take it into have it looked at and they said the rotors need to be replaced. However, once they put it all back together the 'clunk' stopped. So, hopefully, something was just a little loose and got tightened back up once they put it back together.

Will update if that doesn't fix it.

Thanks.

Reply to
Todd Unger