240 fender type?

I need to replace the driver side front fender on my '89 244DL.

Are these fenders all the same from 1993 back to 1980?

Thank you.

Reply to
MonkeyMan

'86-'93, the previous years had different corner lights. Dave Shannon snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (Spring Valley CA)

1988 240 DL 18X,XXX 1985 240 Ti 20X,XXX 1984 245 DL 20X,XXX 1984 245T 19X,XXX '01 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 10K

Dave Shannon

Dave, thanks.,

Allan

1989 240 DL 18xK 1984 240Ti 19xK
Reply to
MonkeyMan

And that one guy says old cars are hard to repair ;)

Just pick any old big-light Volvo in the lot - 95% of the parts on the entire car match hole for hole, screw for screw.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Thanks.

How about sway bars?

Frsom an '82 242 turbo to a 1989 244?

Reply to
MonkeyMan

For the front, any 240 bar will fit any 240.

For the rear, any 79 (or so) or newer bar will be interchangeable with any

79 or newer 240. The later bars are designed to clear the exhaust which was routed under the axle after a few years. The earlier wagons especially often did not come with any bar and thus need a bit of drilling to fit a rear bar. Either way, it's usually no big deal.

- alex

Reply to
Alex Zepeda

Great!

If they are still in the pull yard, I'll upgrade the 244DL.

Yippee!

Reply to
MonkeyMan