93 940 turbo

I'm unable to use the cruise control. If I hold the button in it seems to want to accelerate but as soon as I release the button it goes back to idle.

I'm not sure where the module that controls this function. If I had to guess I'd feel it was electrical, like maybe the switch on the brake pedal is staying on.

So any help on how to start the diagnosis process./ Thanks. Ed

Note please look at my next post about AM radio noise.

Reply to
Ed

Check the brake pedal switch first, on my 740 I believe it's a vacuum switch, I haven't looked in a while though.

Reply to
James Sweet

Are your brake lights working?

If not it could be the bulb out relay in the center console, the power for the brake lights is split 3 ways in the relay and I believe the cruise control senses a ground through it.

My relay needed the solder toudhed up on the brake light pins (94 940) I had no brake lights and no cruise control.

Hope this helps

Reply to
.