98 V70: rear hatch warning bell won't stop ringing!

Anyone know how to kill the warning bell and dash light that indicates that the rear hatch is open, when it is definitely not?

Reply to
Inno

What you have is a broken wire in the tailgate harness you need to unplug the connector located in the L/R D post then gently remove the connector then with a razor carefully cut the black covering away you will find @ least one broken wire remove the damaged section of wire solder a new section in place tape reinstall Glenn Certified Volvo Technician ASE Certified Technician

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Thanks for your reply. "L/R D post" - does this mean Left Rear Door post? Is that the post where the LR door hinges are located? I see what looks like a corrugated rubber covered piece between the post and the LR door that may have wiring in it. But it goes to the LR door, not the rear hatch door.

Reply to
Inno

I think he means "Left or right D post - whichever one contains the harness"

The A posts are at the front, either side of the windscreen, B and C posts behind the front and rear doors, and D posts right at the back.

Reply to
Roger Mills