Check engine + Check Oil light on with key in starting position (V70)

Hello when I turn the key in the start position (middle key position), after all checks, the check endgine light and the check oil light do not turn-off. However when I turn the engine on (last key position), immediately these 2 lights turn off. Moreover neither the check engine light nor the check oil light do turn on when I drive the car. Is this normal ? I expect all check lights to turn off (except the brake light and the belt light)when the key is in the start position. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks - Filippo

Reply to
Filippo

Yes, very normal.

The check engine light comes on when the ignition is on and the engine is not running. It is a reminder to start the engine.

The check oil light comes on when the ignition is on and the oil pressure is low. When the engine is not running, the oil pressure is very low, zero.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

the owners manual usually addresses such things. You should read it if you have one. If you don't have one ...order one from dealer.

Reply to
Sailor