'Code" to get stereo working again?!?

I changed the batterie out and now my stereo does not work! It is prompting me for a CODE, which I do not have/know. I am the 2nd owner and, have no idea what happened to the (where it was recorded), code. Thanks. K--

Reply to
mlywly

the prev owner or a volvo dealer will have to get the code for ya.........its a anti theft feature.....

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

If you have the owner's manual there might be a little square of paper in it with the code. Volvo put one in the manual I got with my second-hand 1999 S70. Good luck!

Jordan 1999 S70 Loaded!

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Jabber

A dealer will give you this code for free.

Chuck Fiedler Nothing but Volvo since 1974

Reply to
c.fiedler

Reply to
mlywly

May I throw a 'twist' into this??

I have a second hand '98 Volvo V70 GLT wagon (got it from my sister-in-law). I've got the same issue after a dead battery, but get this --- neither of two codes I got from the Winston-Salem Volvo DEALER today will work! When I called them up this morning, they first checked the VIN number. When that code didn't work, I snapped out the radio and gave them the model and serial number over the phone. Of course, by this time I had put the infamous "2 hour lock" on the thing, so I had to wait till tonight to find out that the second code they gave me didn't work.

I'm guessing it may be time to start looking up a direct link to those "Volvo America" folks up in NJ (?) to see if they have any bright ideas.

Reply to
barti_dog