CR814?

The radio/cassette player CR814 in my '91 Volvo 940T is very scratchy whenever I adjust the volume. I assume that portion of the tuner is shot, and am looking for a replacement CR814 (I want to keep the car in original condition since it only has 140K mi on it and is otherwise in perfect condition)

Anyone have any ideas as to where a CR814 could be had? I haven't tried a V dealer yet, and I suppose that's a possibility.

Thanx..

Reply to
mdrawson

If you are not too fussy about the matching aspect you could always fit the slightly later radio head unit numbered CR906 which should be a straight swap unless your radio has no amplifier unit with it.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

It's the volume potentiometer... does it in our 960 as well... I'm doing to spray contact cleaner in there one day... and see how that works.

Reply to
Rob Guenther