ecu 2000 r

i recently acquired a 2000 r, her name is Myst. she is the last, best Volvo built. i hadn't had her very long before i realized she needed to do what she was built for -- race. we race in a "drive-in" class. modifications "are limited" to factory options & maintenance items. new tyres, but not new rims. no new diffusers. change the oil: brake fluid, pads, even rotors if the vehicle needs them & of course you can use racing fuel. changes to the electronics are @ the judges' discretion. i have argued that since you can change the entire exhaust system (the r already comes w/ about the best you can get & remain street-legal, so it's not worth it), you should be able to change the O2 sensors. the ECU is up in the air. since it is reprogram able, all a negative ruling should cost me is 15 min. my problem is i can't see spending $1000 for the programming unit, but there is this RS6 that i can't seem to get around. while i make up time in the corkscrew (twisty & downhill) on the straight he still has >600 bhp & i have

Reply to
edasduke