Replacing Lamps in Radio (SC-816)

How does one remove the radio enough to replace a light bulb behind the front panel? I would prefer to do this without disconnecting the radio from the vehicle battery, because I am the second owner and don't have the anti-theft code required to reactivate the radio if it is removed from the vehicle or its power source.

Reply to
ccr

"ccr" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Replacing the bulbs means taking the radio apart. Not the easiest thing to do if you can't take it out of the car. The bulbs are fairly expensive, 7 bucks each [CDN], if I do recall correctly. I would go get the Security Code from Volvo, and then rip out the radio, and have at 'er. Take the radio apart if fairly simple, just becareful taking the face off, as it is held on by 4 plastic clips [2 on top, 2 on bottom]

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Thanks for the response. Can the code be obtained by submitting an inquiry directly with Volvo online, or would it be necessary to visit an authorized dealer (who could verify that the radio and vehicle that is the subject of the inquiry is in the possession of the person submitting the inquiry)?

Reply to
ccr