Help needed: Adjust driver's door (Volvo 440DL)

Hi,

After a nice crash, I replaced the driver's door (left side, non-UK version) of my 440. The door is a littlebit of out alignment and should be turned a litte up (clockwise). Doed anyone know how to adjust this?

Thanks!

Reply to
Erik Vermeulen

I made adjustments to doors on our 240's using high-quality finder shims. They are essentially a square piece of sheet metal with a slot or notch cut in from one end. Or, if you rather, a square washer with the hole extended out to one edge completely. They come in various thickness guages.

You first figure out which leg of which hinge needs to be pushed outwards (or rearwards), and that is where the shims go. You will find two or maybe three bolts on one side of a hinge, they will all need a shim.

Use a tire-changing jack under the door to help hold it in position so you can get the shim in after loosening the bolt.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ To send email, remove all < > and [ ] and the junk ~ between: [brucepick1] < a~t > [comcast.net]

Erik Vermeulen wrote:

Reply to
Bruce Pick