Leather seat covers.

Hi, Our 850 and V70 both have leather seats. The driver's leather on the 850 is breaking down due to use and sunlight. Since the dealer replacement covers are rather expensive ($ 600 and 400 for the back and bottom) does anyone know of a place that they might be obtained at lower cost (used possibly)? Thanks, Brad

Reply to
Mystical

Find the local independent upholstery shop - that's where the dealer will send your seats and they'll probably double the price they paid the shop. Cut out the middleman. Based on what's happening in my area, you should pay about half what the dealer quoted you and your seats will look better than new.....

PC

850 | is breaking down due to use and sunlight. Since the dealer replacement | covers are rather expensive ($ 600 and 400 for the back and bottom) does | anyone know of a place that they might be obtained at lower cost (used | possibly)? | Thanks, Brad | |
Reply to
Proconsul

I have a lady who does interior work at our car lot. She can do wonders with leather and vinyl seats. Contact a detail shop or dealer in your area and see if they can reccommend someone who does that kind of work. Usually less than $50 a seat. She does 3 or 4 seats a month for me and I am very satisfied with her work.

Reply to
Rod Gray

Hope this answer isn't coming too late for you, as I just saw the question. There is a place that sells them online, custom made for Volvos, and at (what I feel are) very reasonable prices. I don't have the info with me now, but I can send it to you when I get home tonight; I ordered some fabric samples from them and have the info at home.

Reply to
PButler111

Check ebay. I passed on a complete set of leather-covered seats (both fronts electric adjustment, with heat; rear seats like new - full seats not just covers) for my wife's V70 (hers has stained cloth seats). They went cheap - less than $150. Like you, I was looking for just the covers. I am sure that I could have also paid for the whole set and then had the wrecking yard unzip the seat covers and keep the rest. I this case, there was wear and a tear or two. I wanted something more "mint", if I was going to go through the effort.

good luck.

Reply to
Jjsegr

PLEASE post the URL... from Randy & Valerie __ __ \ \ / / \ \/ / \__/olvo 1993 960 Estate

Reply to
Randy G.

Okay, but if I forget, please email me a reminder, as I don't always check this group.

Reply to
PButler111

Hi! Sorry -- it's Marathonseatcovers.com. Good luck! Patricia ____________________________________________________________________________ ___

Reply to