OP - general car query

I am a committed volvo owner and watch this group with great interest. Some obviously very knowledgeable folk out there. This is nowt to do with volvos though. My daughter just melted the wife's car on the motorway by running it without water-twice!! (stupid girl) It now needs a new engine which I can get fitted for £450. Is it worth it? or is it a scrapper? T'is a Rover

414i L Reg with only 50k miles and new MOT. What's it worth? I figure about £800. - but until its fixed I cant do anything with it.

Any comments much appreciated - cheers

Reply to
Den Corfield

No idea what a Rover any age is worth, much less in a country dealing in pounds. But I am in the same position with a Camry - to repair the head will cost about half the value of the car, but it's the second time in 6 weeks. The same hose replaced, split again (daughter driving, not blaming her). I'm sick of it, if it's not a warranty job or costs over $2000 again I would rather abandon it and buy another old Volvo for my wife for about the same money. I guess it's what the car is worth to you that matters with spending money on repairs. No point spending $1000 just to sell it for $1000.

Reply to
jg