Oxygen Sensor V70

I need to change the oxygen sensor with a non Volvo part. The sensor with Volvo is £153 so I need to buy from a motor factor. There are 4 wires going in to the sensor, 1 brown, 1 blue , 2 black. What sensor do I need.

UK.

Reply to
Andy Mann

Its a 2.4 non turbo 2001

Reply to
Andy Mann

At one time, Chyrsler Corporation used the same identical oxygen sensor as Volvo, but charged about half as much for it. My garage used Chrysler replacement parts. That was a while ago on a 240. I have no idea about the oxygen sensors on a V70.

Oxygen sensors are usually part of the polution system and are on the exhaust of the engine. On volvo, they are called Lambda Sond.

Completely different.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

The dash lights say exhaust emissions as the fault. its directly behind the engine on the manifold

Reply to
Andy Mann

Your problem would be related to the electronic throttle module. Unlike earlier cars with a throttle cable, there are no separate parts for cruise control on your car, or others with a throttle that is operated electrically. If there are any problems with the electronic throttle module, then the cruise control will be disabled.

Reply to
Mike F

Diagnostic test shows the fault as the one the manifold behind the engine

Reply to
Andy Mann