PATRIOTISM

I would be most appreciative if Volvo owners would not display the American flag. Danish flags, Swedish flags, Afghanistan flags are perfectly fine.

I have a sense of disgust when I see the American flag displayed on an expensive, foreign auto. That's you, Volvo owners.

"IF YOU ARE SO PATRIOTIC WHY AREN'T YOU DRIVING AN AMERICAN CAR?"

When you purchase many foreign cars, American jobs are going elsewhere. Volvo does not have a production facility in the U. S.

Reply to
Carlton Prestwicke

The Volvo car company is owned by Ford.

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

"Carlton Prestwicke" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-2318.public.lawson.webtv.net...

Because american made cars suck.

Reply to
JohanE

On 18/11/03 5:37 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@storefull-2318.public.lawson.webtv.net, "Carlton Prestwicke" decided to come out from under the bed and slurred:

Heh, don¹t buy a Pontiac GTO then, as they are made in Australia.

I love the smell of a xenophobe in the morning.

Hammo

So the surplus flags should be burnt?

Reply to
Hamish Alker-Jones

Hope you don't mind Hondas and Toyotas; many of them are made in America--unlike Chevrolet Camaros and Pontiac Firebirds, which are made in Canada.

Odd, I've never seen a Volvo owner who was an expensive, foreign auto. Are you off your meds?

Perhaps some of us are supporting trade. It works both ways, you know--or rather, I guess you don't comprehend such things. Hard to see the big picture when you can't see past the end of your nose.

The Volvo I own was originally purchased in Germany--by a US Army soldier. I don't know what he paid for it, but it only cost me $300.

Of course not, they have standards of quality. Or did; now they're owned by Fix Or Repair Daily Motor Company.

You wouldn't know an American car if it ran over you.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

No, just doodle on them like Dubya does.

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:49:04 +1100, the illustrious Hamish Alker-Jones favored us with the following prose:

Reply to
blurp

By the way: this spring I drove around in my local Norway area with my swedish Volvo estate with the Union Jack and the Stars and Stripes in each side window in the back of the car...

Trond, Norway

"Timothy J. Lee" skrev i melding news:bpb593$ahd$ snipped-for-privacy@bolt.sonic.net...

Reply to
Trond