S60 Alarm problem

The alarm keeps activating on my UK spec. 2001 S60 for no apparentt reason. Anyone any ideas as to the cause and the solution, please?

Reply to
plod

It was one of the rear door locks on mine. Fortunately, it happened under warranty so I took it to the dealer who connected the car to their computer to tell what was triggering the alarm.

Solution was a new door lock unit.

Incidentally, I had both front door locks replaced under warranty as well due to the button popping back up problem.

Reply to
bweebar

Thanks, bweebar. Before spending a fortune (out of warranty) at a dealer, I decided to do some investigating and found a tiny spider had taken up residence in the front alarm sensor over the rear view mirror.... She now has a new home.

Reply to
plod

That must have been hard to find.

My (UK) V70 alarm was going off in the evenings and that was a moth, somewhere in the car, waking up, looking for food and setting them off.

Richard Web pages:

- caravanning,
- personal web site and
I loves the domain name for email.