S60 - Foaming diesel problem

Hello,

I'm very pleased with my Volvo 60 2.4D. However, I have the following problem : when I fill the car up, the diesel in the tank immediately starts to foam so that the pistol clicks off. This happens independently of the petrol (diesel) station and diesel brand. The only way to fill up is doing it very slowly . Can anyone help ?

Kind regards,

Johan

Reply to
Johan Costrop

Don't push the nozzle too far into the filler neck - only just far enough to avoid spillage. This will prevent the pump cut-off from triggering so soon.

Cheers, SS

Reply to
Set Square

You will just have to fill up slowly. Have you tried different formula fuels such as BP Ultimate Diesel? This is quite good fuel and helps with lowering emissions, cleaning engine and fuel injectors etc. Perhaps the French Bio-Diesel (5% bio added) may help.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

How about trying GAS-X with each fill-up ;-)>

Reply to
Gunner