S70 1998 Trip computer addition?

Greetings Netters

Is it possible to retro fit a trip computer into a S70 1998 model?

Has anyone done this, and know what a ball park price would be, if I do all labour?

Cheers

Hammo

Reply to
Hamish Alker-Jones

Er, mine already has one...? Are we taking about the in-dash info centre?

John Ellison

Hi, Hammo - - -

Hopefully, you'll get a replay of posts that have appeared in the past. If not, this will suggest some routes to information that can be pursued.

Bottom Line: The "guts" of the Trip Computer are in place - input from the onboard computer, the readout already in place in the dash, and all necessary wiring. You need only install the "Info" selector switch and you're in business. The bad news is that this switch is something over US$100 - but not bad for what it enables.

Sorry my memory is no better . . .

bob noble Reno, NV, USA

Reply to
Bob Noble

On 7/8/04 1:20 AM, in article cf07ks$epk$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk, "John Ellison" decided to come out from under the bed and slurred:

Yep, that has all the fuel consumption, distance to empty, all that stuff.

Sorry if wasn't specific enough.

Cheers

Hamish

Reply to
Hamish Alker-Jones

On 7/8/04 9:28 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net, "Bob Noble" decided to come out from under the bed and slurred:

Is that all that is required?

Amazing. At that price I'd have no hesitation in adding it to the car. I thought I would have to replace the dash readout and do all sorts of dances with the devil.

Cheers

Hammo

Reply to
Hamish Alker-Jones