service reminder light

I own a 1988 240GL. Located in the lower left portion of the instrument panel is a service light. My owners manual states it will come on at 5,000 mile intervals, stay on for 2 munites after start until it is reset by the servicing dealer.

My question is, how does a person reset this light?

Reply to
Thor of Pearlander

There's a lever on the top of the back of the speedo gauge off to one side (I forget which side) that you have to pull down to reset the light. You can do this from below by reaching up with that soft panel over the driver's feet removed, but the first time I suggest that you remove the cluster so you can see what you're doing. There's 2 screws holding the cluster in on each side, remove the 2 blanking plates on the passenger side of the cluster, the headlight and dimmer knobs then the plate behind them on the driver's side. Then the cluster just pulls out.

Reply to
Mike F