Tailgate Electrical Fault - '01 V70

Now the rear wiper and the rear screen heater have failed, and I can't alarm the car any more because the computer intermitently thinks the trunk is open.

However, the central brake light and the licence plate lights are okay.

Any ideas where to start to trace the broken wires? I'm guessing the first place is to remove the headlining and look at where the cabling has to flex?

Dz

Reply to
dransfield

I just had some electrical problems repaired on my '01 V70XC (tail lights on passenger side, rear wiper, plate lamp) and the wiring harness was behind the plastic moulding just by the latch for the rear compartment door. The technician wanted to replace the harness ($190.00) but we decided that a couple of crimped connectors to re-connect a couple of broken wires would do the trick.

Reply to
gerry

I don't know. The computer intermittently shows the trunk as open while I'm driving, but I've assumed that its the wiring not the switch which is causing this. Dz

Reply to
dransfield

Check the switch first, those have issues a LOT more often than wiring.

Reply to
James Sweet