Thinking about buying a '99 V70 XC is this a good model?

My wife found this for sale at a dealer for about 10,999 with 66k miles. I was just wondering if it's a good year for Volvo. I've read conflicting accounts on KBB and Edmunds about this model and year.

Reply to
Joe

This was one of the very best years for the FWD model. The '99 XC AWD model had more than its share of problems. The '98 XC AWD was a much better year. However, I have an '01 which is even worse then the '99 and have had no problems. It has been a very solid car for me. I plan on keeping it to at least 180,000 miles, perhaps longer. So the term 'bad year' is relative.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

I believe the car I'm buying is AWD, I guess I should stay away. Too bad, my wife really liked that model.

Reply to
Joe

Mate

Live a little and buy it if you like it - it may turn out to be the best damn car you've ever had!!! Wouldn't that be terrible. If it is a dud, sell it!! (Bet it's not though...) Stats should be used as a guide but not the rule!!!

Good luck!

Reply to
John Smith

Consider that the car is now 8 years old and that any early problems will have been resolved by now. I would check the price on Edmunds, have the car evaluated, check the CarFax and if it looks ok go for it.

Reply to
Roadie

It has the Haldex AWD system. Run as fast as you can from that deal. Unless you want to replace all four tires everytime one gets a bit "lower" than the others.

Jordan.

Reply to
Jabber

Sorry! meant to say that is doesn't have Haldex AWD. It has the viscous system... My bad..

Reply to
Jabber