This guy's like the energizer bunny!!!

I remember when I was young there was an ad that said, "Ever hear about the travelling salesman that put 1,000,000 miles on his Volvo?"

The guy was shown in the ad with his '66 P1800.

He's back! FOUR MILLION MILES!!!! Holy COW!

Unfortunately, I flattened one of these when I was 19... I still miss that car...

Hachiroku

Don't know about him; But having the same car in my sales work helps a great deal.

Reply to
in2dadark

You got a P1800?

Reply to
Hachiroku

That was when Volvo's had a nice distinctive look.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

He must have a hell of a paper route.

Reply to
FatterDumber& Happier Moe

=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_$B%O%A%m%/(B?wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e86.GTS:

Real nice looking car!

Reply to
fred

fred schrieb:

It is a dream!

Reply to
Joerg Lorenz

Hi, this is not that unique as i thought, I looked for a used Volvo at

, there is a 2000 V70 2.4T with 1.295.000km.... I you count this up :-)

axel

Reply to
Axel Schäfer

Not when I got done with it!

Someone else who owned one told me to be wary of the rear end sliding out under hard cornering, and that's exactly what happened. In trying to regain control I overcompensated, and the ass went out the other way. I was JUST GETTING CONTROL BACK and we hit a berm, sending the car onto it's roof.

You know what Volvo used to say in their ads about 'integrated rooll cages'? It's true. Me and the passenger were directly under it. I got some skinned knuckles and a small cut on the side of my head. He didn't have a scratch!

Oh, and before the accident, I *had* long hair. Lost about half of it!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_$B%O%A%m%/(B?wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e86.GTS:

Kind of like Richard Hammond's explanation of oversteer vs. under steer: There's a tree on the outside of the turn, If you have understeer, you don't make the turn and crash head on into the tree and die. If you have oversteer however, your rear end hits the tree and you die. Oversteer is better of course because you never see the tree.

Reply to
fred