Bunny hopping

Hi all. My 214 - (76k otc) P reg is often bunny hopping/chugging even in 2nd and 3rd gear. Does the clutch need replacing or am I a lousy driver?

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

sounds more like an engine fault

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Could be engine/tranny mounts and/or and engine problem I guess.

Reply to
adder1969

Is it a Honda engine? They can suffer in the ignition module department causing bouts of misfiring which tend to result eventually in the engine stopping. That's what an AA man told me when I had a similar experience.

Reply to
Mark W

As its P reg I doubt if its honda.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

As it's the 1.4, it's the K-series.

Have you checked for stuck children in the wheelarches?

Reply to
DervMan

Might be the same fault as I just fixed on a 214, the ht lead from the coil pack on the back of the engine was leaking sparks

Reply to
Mrcheerful

What did that cost?

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

no parts, but it took an hour including a twenty mile test drive, so I charged him 40 quid, he was over the moon having spent hundreds already trying to fix it.!! The ht lead was not connected properly to the coil and was wrongly routed, when it got hot, sparks jumped out of the side of the ht lead (which was new) A re-route and proper installation fixed it, previously it would not do more than three miles before becoming almost un drivable.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful