tie rod and sway bar replacement

Hello all,

My 1999 V70XC-AWD is almost at the end of its extended warranty (115,000 km). At my last visit to the dealer, the service guy told me that I needed to have one tie rod end and one sway bar link replaced. But for some strange reason the Volvo warranty has a stipulation that parts can only be replaced if the owner asks for it, not if the service people recommend it. So the question is: if these parts are worn, how should I have noticed it? I assume that it would affect steering, but in what way? Just so that I can get my story straight! Thanks!

Reply to
Robm

G Klein