unable to open door to gas inlet

Twice I have stopped my car needing to fill up and the disengage button inside my S80 will not release the door to allow me to fill up. Any ideas? I was about to jimmy open the gas inlet door when I tried one last time, and the door opened. What can I do if it will not open in the future?

Reply to
Bailey, Joan and Dan

Most cars have an emergency release inside the trunk. Check you owners manual. It is a wire that you pull. I sounds like you need to get the cable replaced or lubricated or that the release itself needs to be replaced or lubricated.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

What year S80? My '01 unlocks when the doors unlock and remains unlocked for a period of time after the doors are locked before re-locking itself. (I guess to give you time to fill the tank if you are in a risky neighborhood?)

Allen

Reply to
Allen