Volvo 240 and unleaded petrol

I am from Australia and i have recently aquired a 1983 240GLE. As it is getting harder to get LRP i have the following questions

1) now can it be run on unleaded. 2) If so does it need any additative? 3) does the timing need to be changed?

Thanks

Damien

Reply to
V's Cafe

1) Yes 2) No. See
for the advice I've heard from just about everywhere.3) Only if the octane rating is lower than what you're used to. Mike
Reply to
Michael Pardee

Go to

for details. This is the industry site. I have run premium unleaded in both of mine and they go like a shot cat!

Paul.

Reply to
Pm