Volvo 240 warning light

My Dad recently brought a second hand 1992 Volvo 240se.

It has a red warning light on it with a black triangle. This lamp is solid and not flashing. We bought a Haynes manual but it doesn't seem to have this warning lamp described in it. Can anyone please advise what this lamp is for? It is due to go in for an MOT on Friday.

Reply to
Beck

It's your flashers button!

Reply to
Brian V

Sorry to seem dense but what does that mean?

Reply to
Beck

Assuming you mean hazard flashers, why would this be solid all of the time? Faulty wiring? I have been told it has "engine" written by it. Sorry for the lack of info, we are not able to get at the car at the moment, so I am relying on 3rd hand information.

Reply to
Beck

If it has engine written next to it it's not the hazzards button, is this in your gauge cluster or on the dash? The hazzards button is a backlit button which is lighted all of the time (atleast on my S80 it is). You press it and it turns on your hazzards/flashers, press it again and it turns them off.

Reply to
Brian V

Hi Brian, upon further research I think its the engine fault code come up. Think we need to go intot he diagnostic console to seek out the code.

Reply to
Beck