Water leak

I am having to top the reservoir almost daily, I cannot se any external water leaks from the engine or rad. I notice also that when I take the cap off the res to top up there appears to be no pressure when the cap is removed.

Reply to
no

I have found a slight leak, what a relief thought it may have been something terminal.

Reply to
no

Cool, glad you found it. In the future don't forget to post the model and year of your car. Also a trick for tracking down coolant leaks, go to a junkyard and get a resivoir cap, drill a hole in it and fit a tire valve (you can get these at any autoparts place), I just drill a hole the right size, stuff it in from the underside then dab a bit of silicone caulk to seal it. Now fill up the system and connect a tire pump and pump it up to 5 or 6 psi, the leak will become much more apparent.

Reply to
James Sweet