'02 Passat: Dashboard illumination?

Are the heater/fan/vent knobs on a non-climate-control Passat illuminated when the headlights are on?

I went to work real early this morning when it was still dark, and the dark space below the radio looked ... wrong.

It's been a while since I've had to drive with the lights on, but not being able to remember this is somewhat troubling.

Reply to
Bert Hyman

Yes - there is a single SMALL bulb behind the blower switch - pull the knob out CAREFULLY with pliers, and use a small piece of vacuum hose to push over the bulb and pull it out. Your dealer should have the bulbs in stock... may be able to get them thru aftermarket, also.

Reply to
DriversWantedTech

Reply to
Rob Guenther